Looking for CRO: Human pancreatic material transplanted into diabetic (STZ-treated) NOD-SCID mice
We are looking for CRO to do the following study: Human pancreatic material transplanted into diabetic (STZ-treated) NOD-SCID mice. Then dosing for 6-8 weeks with test compounds.
1. NOD-scid mice are streptozotocin treated to eradicate mouse beta cells
2. Diabetic NOD-scid mice are transplanted with human pancreatic material beneath the left kidney capsule
3. Transplanted diabetic mice are treated QD, sc for 6 weeks starting right after transplantation
4. BrdU is given ip, every second day to ensure that it is incorporated into potentially proliferating human beta cells.
5. An OGTT is performed after 4-5 weeks treatment with determination of BG at t=0, 15, 30 , 60, 120. A blood sample for determination of human C-peptide is taken at t=15 min.
6. After 6 weeks the kidney transplant is removed and fixed in formalin. Mice are followed for 7 days (BG every day) to follow reversal to hyperglycemia, and to be able to exclude potential reverted mice from the study.
Per amendment histology may be performed for determination of beta cell mass
You might also be interested in
Requests by service category
- Academic collaboration
- Contract manufacturing, filling and packaging
- Pharmaceutical process development and validation
- Formulation development and drug delivery
- GMP audit services
- GLP services
- GCP audit services
- Quality management services
- Certification services
- Pre-clinical development and testing, pre-clinical CRO
- Clinical development and testing, clinical CRO
- Analytical laboratory and testing services
- Material testing
- eData - IT - software
- Regulatory services - CMC writing - medical writing
- Pharmacovigilance and QPPV services
- Consulting - strategy and development
- Legal counselling
- Translation services (medical, clinical, pharmaceutical)
- Warehousing, storage, sampling, logistics and transport
- Marketing, Sales, PR and communication
- Training and education
- Partnering/collaboration for drug dossiers, patents, drug candidates, medical technology
- Sourcing of APIs, Excipients, Intermediates, bulk drugs
Requests by regionRequests by specialty
Looking for special service?
Don't spend time on search!
Get applications from providers For Free